I designed this for my mom's friend, who works at Scripps Florida (the orange ball in the logo, that is for Florida vs California I'm told.)
Coffee cups come in more of a range of sizes than beer bottles, so I've added ribbing to non-pattern areas to help this cozy fit more mugs. The cozy fits fairly loosely on the water glass shown in the pictures, so there is give to fit on a larger cup. The chart is bordered by 5 stitches of stockinette stitch on either side, and the rest of the cozy is worked in a K2, P1 rib.
- Size 3 double pointed needles
- Remnants of worsted weight wool in a MC (shown as burgundy), blue, white and orange. (I used remnants of worsted weight wool/acrylic blend for this project. Since I had no orange, for that ball I substituted double stranded orange fingering weight wool that I hand dyed.)
- Yarn needle or crochet hook for finishing
Scripps Florida Coffee Cozy Pattern
- CO 60 stitches of MC
- Join in the round, K23 stitches, *P1, K2* until last stitch, P1.
- If you are using three knit needles, arrange the stitches so 23 are on the first, 18 on the second and 19 on the third. The entire pattern will take place on the center of needle 1, and ribbing on the 2nd and third needles (the remaining 37 sts).
- K5, work row 1 of the pattern (Right to left), K5, *P1, K2* until last stitch, P1.
- Work all 26 rows of the pattern as above, sticking with the same ribbing pattern
- K23 stitches, *P1, K2* until last stitch, P1.
- Cast off loosely, sticking with ribbing pattern where applicable. Weave in all loose ends.
This this pattern was created by ChemKnits for your personal or charity use. This pattern is not to be replicated, sold or redistributed without permission from ChemKnits. © 2010 ChemKnits