I am limiting my search to classic looking neckties, not anything that can be tied around the neck.
- Knit Necktie - Seed stitch, skinny with a blunt end, "Easy" difficulty. (Note: you must register for a free Lion Brand account to view this pattern)
- Striped Necktie - Knit in the round with self-striping yarn. The shape is of a skinny tie with blunt ends. (Note: you must register for a free Lion Brand account to view this pattern)
- Traveling Rib Tie - Ribbed. Classic Shape.
- Angelus Knit Tie - This is double layered, but is not knit in the round. It is folded in a similar way you would see with a traditional tie. There is nice texture on this garment. Bias pearled stripes.
- A Silk Tie - Very classic tie shape with bias stripes.
- Knit Bow Tie - Just as it sounds!
- Men's Bias Knit Tie - very classic shape, diagonal stripes.
- Dad's Knit Tie - Straight, skinny.
- Bowtie Tie - This is not a bow tie. This is a tie that has a bow tie design on it. Classic shape. The first I've found with a color design other than stripes.
- Wool Bam Boo Striped Tie - stockinette with stripes. A pointed end (which looks like it was folded and sewn? I didn't open the pattern PDF to check). Skinny with a pointed end.
- Prep School - The small size fits a child. Knit with sock yarn. Classic shape.
- Tweedy Tie - Moss stitch, classic shape, point.
- His or Her Silk Necktie - Skinny, blunt ends.
- The Easiest Bow Tie Ever - Caroline would like this one a lot, as it is modeled on a baby!
- Unisex Skinny Tie - Multiple stitches cast on, knit width-wise.
- Chamber Tie - A cable down the center.
- Man's Tie in Party Ribbon - Garter stitch, pointed end.
- Hermione's Tie - Knit in Griffindor colors, cute eyelets in the center.
- Hogwarts House Tie - V-Shaped stripe, can be done in any of the house colors.
- Baby Necktie - So this is more for a young child than an infant, but it is a cute mini-tie that you can tie in the back with a strap. Add a paperclip to make it "clip on"
- Retro Knit and Striped Tie - This one has a loop on the back so the back of the tie stays in place. Striped and Skinny.
- 1914 Gentleman's Knitted Tie - Spotted, classic shape from a vintage pattern.
- Cotton Tie - You need to scroll all the way to the right to see the pattern for this classic shaped tie.
- Gentleman's Knit Tie - Classic shaped. (The designer's first published pattern!)
- Knitted Necktie - Classic shape and even worn to a prom! (see photo)
- Houndstooth Check Tie - Hurray! A Pattern! Houndstooth pattern. (Note: you must register for a free Lion Brand account to view this pattern)
Patterns available for free on Ravelry (create a free account, every knitter should use that website!
- Garter Moss Necktie - This has a more traditional tie shape, with a fat end and a skinny end.
- Shetland Lace Jabot and Cuffs - Now this is a classic look. Very lacy. It had to be included.
- An Easter Tie - "Clip On" with elastic to keep this around your boy's neck.