Monday, May 6, 2013

BombOmb


When I saw the BombOmb Crochet Amigurumi, I got extremely excited.  I knew that I had the perfect colors in my remnant stash to whip up this little creature.  I chose to use a F hook because that is what I've been using with KnitPicks WOTA.  I figured this was a good project to use some some of the remnants I have laying around.  The project consumed 7 g of Black (coal), 3 g of Grey (mist), and 3 g of yellow (color name unknown.)


This BobOmb is one of my first crochet amigurumi projects.  I am REALLY noticing that this is much slower than if I were knitting the sphere.   A knit stitch in this yarn is approximately the same size as a SC.  Of course, I think that the crochet fabric is a better texture for this toy and that it will be worth it in the end.  (I Hope.)


I'm also noticing that I'm getting a blister or small irritation on the middle finger of my left hand.  This part of my finger keeps rubbing against the crochet project, something that never happens while knitting.


I did a slightly stupid thing where I sewed the cap onto the bomb before sewing on the fuse.  Next time, Secure the fuse to the cap first!


Unfortunately because of the way I sewed the feet on, it cannot stand unattended.  However, this is intended as an ornament so it hangs perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment