Who doesn't love Free Parking? A bunch of my friends are in this local Cambridge band, and I thought it would be fun to create some "merchandise." Are you in the greater Boston area? Check out their upcoming shows or download their songs from their website.
The Armband was knit on size 1 (2.50 mm) double pointed needles using fingering weight wool.
- Cast On 60 sts
- K 4 rounds across
- K22 sts, then start the chart from the bottom.
- Work the chart for 16 rounds
- K5 rounds across
- P 1 round
- K25 rounds even
- Knot any loose ends from the chart (no need to weave in ends as they will be hidden inside the armband. It would be prudent to shorten them so there isn't bulk in the armband.)
- Use a three needle bind-off to make a seam: Pick up 60 sts from the CO edge. Purl the picked up stitch together with the live stitch, binding off as you go.
- Optional: Using some red yarn, embroider a red row on the edge of the "P" so all white stitches are surrounded by red.
- ~26 yards of Bare Peruvian Highland Wool
- 1 cup water, 1/2 T white vinegar, 15 drops red food coloring and 1 drop brown (from a concentration solution of Wilton's Paste)
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, sit to allow dye to absorb to the yarn
- Wash wool in mild soap (once it has cooled), dry, then knit!
This this pattern was created by ChemKnits for your personal or charity use. This pattern is not to be replicated, sold or redistributed without permission from ChemKnits. © 2010 ChemKnits