This is the sequal to 60 Quick Baby Knits, but in sport weight yarn. I like using sport weight yarn for baby items because it gives you more stitches to work with than Worsted. I cannot wait to see what is in store! Like my previous review, I will not do a run down of all 60 patterns. Instead, I am going to point out the highlights of the collection.
- #4: Elephant Onsesie - The little elephant chart is a tiny 8 st repeat, but it is so darling I can barely contain myself. It would be easy to incorporate this motif into other outfits as well.
- #9: Wave Motif Pullover - There colors make this simple wave design come alive. I am a sucker for colorwork!
- #17: Plaid Jacket - I am not the biggest fan of the collar and fake pocket flaps on this jumper, but I think that I would love to take the plaid pattern and bring it to a pullover.
- #19: Lined Blanket - The blanket is a simple patterened checkerboard, but what makes this blanket special is lining it with some fantastic fabric. This will give strength and extra warmth to a knit blanket.
- #25: Octopus Beanie - A litlte toy octopus is knit and attached to the top of a striped beanie. This is really cute, and it would be really easy to add other little toys to the tops of hats. What great inspriation!
- #35: Skirted Onesie - A cute little romper that looks like a baby swimming suit
The other patterns in the book are still really cute, but many of them are things that I've seen variations of in other books, blogs and independent designers. If I were going to choose only one, I would pick the 60 Quick Baby Knits , but you couldn't go wrong with both!