Free Kippah Crochet Patterns
- Colorfully Striped Kippah Yarmulke - Comes in both youth and adult sizing. The pattern has a fun striped design. This pattern is available for download through Ravelry.com, you may need to create a free account to access this free crochet pattern.
- Free Pattern Kippah Hat - This is a kippah attached to a very open weave and then a hat like brim. The open stitch is called Solomon’s knot. Appropriate, right?
- Star of David Kippah - If you look at the lace edging the right way you can see the star of David!
- Keeping Kippah (Yarmulke) Star of David Version - A very stunning handmade kippah. This has a Star of David on the crown and then is worked around that to form to rest of the kippah. Classic and so beautiful. I THINK I would be able to construct this one, but I don't know for sure. I do know that I'd like to try... Baby sizes through adult are available. This pattern is available for download through Ravelry.com, you may need to create a free account to access this free crochet pattern.
- Crochet Yarmulke - Simple construction from the center out using worsted weight yarn. This could be whipped up in a flash if you need one last minute. (Although I think that crocheting would be considered work, so last minute would be a little further in advance depending on how you and your family observe Jewish tradition.)
- Yarmulka - Uses crochet cotton. A very simple design.
- Basketweave star prayer cap - "To find pattern, click link and then scroll down until you find 'Basketweave Star Prayer Cap.'" (Search for "Hazel Furst" to find pictures of three prayer cap versions. They are very lacy and pretty.
- Beyond the Doily - This yarmulka has two different Stars of David in the center.
- Crocheted Passover Yarmulke - A simple design, but the pattern is complete with many helpful photos and help with the color change for the contrasting border. I love a well written pattern!
- Harry's Yarmulke - A kippah crocheted out of DC's. Simple and very cute. You will click to open the PDF on the linked page.
- Star of David Yarmulkah - Similar to some of the others I've linked to already. There is a Star of David crocheted on the crown before the rest of the kippah is constructed.
- Yarmulke (Kippa) - Sport weight yarn is used in this simple crochet kippah.
There were so many awesome free versions that I didn't even glance at the ones that are available for purchase. I'm sure that there are some stunning options, but I want to get on making something for Lucky NOW.
Guess what, there are many free Kippah knitting patterns out there, too! I'll share those with you in my next post.