I'm home sick with a cold. I'm stuffy, uncomfortable and sick of watching daytime television. I'm feeling weak, so I'm not up for any strenuous knitting. I got to thinking... are there any fun sick day knitting patterns out there? When I was a kid, my mom had a stash of treats for when I had to stay home sick, a box of tissues with cartoons on it, a new book, something to keep me occupied instead of complaining. Let's see what I find!
- Tissue Cozy Pattern - This is a little packet you could bring along with you. It is vintage looking, and would fit over a little plastic tissue package.
- Tissue Box Cozy - This is a fuzzy little seamless cozy for your standard tissue box.
- Mini Cabled Toilet Paper Cover - Okay, not really in my theme... but if I run out of tissues this is where I'm headed!
- Felted Tissue Cover - This is felted as squares and then stitched together post-felting.
- Sniffles Knitted Tissue Cover - Fun texture and very classy looking. For the tissues that you'd toss in your purse.
- Sweaters for Purse Sized Tissue Packets - Simple and look like they'd knit up fast.
- Tissue Cozy - This pocket tissue cozy has a button flap over the hole, but it looks like you could still get a tissue out without having to unbutton it.
- Cozy Doctor Mask - This wouldn't work to keep something sterile, but could make a good Halloween costume for someone.
- Virus Creativus - This is a dishrag that has a purled virus in the center. Instructions are written out, not charted.
- Knit Bacteria - Hopefully none of these are in my system! I may have to knit some up because they're cute. As long as they stay on my shelf I'd be happy.
- Nose Warmer - This is like a mask... for your nose! I would want to make it out of something machine washable...
- Face Punch Relaxation Mask - Filled with flax seed so it could be warmed up in the microwave, this cute cabled bag could ease my headache just about now!
I could search for hot water bottle cozies, but I know that these are more common, so I'll leave that for another search. I didn't find too much, but I was able to distract myself on the internet for a while. Catch you later!