I've realized that many of the things I would like to incorporate into my ideal stocking come from knitting charts - Names or at least initials (there are so many alphabets out there that I'm sure I can find one I love), snowflakes, turtles or guitars... But this search is for the stockings themselves, looking at shape and chart placement for ideas.
Search for Christmas Stockings
- New! RFR/RFB or KAB Stockings by Chemknits! - Fun colorwork, I designed these for me and my SO.
- New! Indy's Puppy Christmas Stocking - Also designed by ChemKnits, this stocking is slightly smaller since it is knit in a smaller gauge, but it could be mixed and matched with the above stockings.
- There are so many little or mini Christmas stockings, but these I'll only include if it's fabulous or fabulouser... !
- Lattice Stocking - Cuff has an embroidered name. The lattice pattern is in a contrasting color. This is classic and pretty.
- Basic sock with satin bow - It is super basic, and plain as the title suggests. The proportions are not fantastic to me (The foot looks stumpy). The same blog also has a cabled stocking.
- Knitted candy cane boot - This is a new shape for a Christmas stocking. The stripes up the leg are diagonal, which makes it extra special!
- Long stocking with trees on the cuff - This looks like a long sock. It is hanging on the back of a chair in the picture and it goes almost to the floor. The canvas could be easily adapted to other decorations.
- Personalized Stocking - has letter, children, Santa and Tree knitting charts. The shape is nice.
- Scalloped edged Christmas stocking - Again, the toe seems pretty short... The edge detail at the top is cute though.
- Sean Stocking - Striped and felted. Not too intricate, but looks cute. The stripes make me thing about Dr. Suess
- Fulled Christmas Stocking - Basic.
- Christmas stocking with a tree - This looks pretty vintage, but the shape is nice.
- Basic stocking with flare! - See the fur trip on the cuff, heel and toe.
- Lion Brand Stocking - I LOVE the way the color on the front and back of the leg interlock down the sides. There is space to decorate, but the details here are PERFECT.
- From the heart knitted stocking - hearts on the cuff, embroidered with flowers. I think I'm liking a big cuff.
- Folkways Christmas stocking - Here is a classic looking decorated stocking. I may want something more modern looking, personally, but this one looks like something you could have passed down the family for years.
- Knitted Fisherman's stocking - If it's texture you want, this is for you!
- Felted Stockings - Where have all the toes gone? http://www.knittingatknoon.com/stockingpatt.html
- Holiday Stocking - sideways cabled cuff
- Canadian Stocking - Well not really... They used felt aplique's on the stockings, and a duplicate stitch to put the names on. I like the shapes and the idea of having a penguin on them.
- Vintage Santa Stocking - Need I say more?
- Felted stocking - It looks like it was knit as a sheet, cut out and stitched together. (just from looking at the picture, I did not read the pattern) If gussets frighten you, then this is an easy way to make one.
- John Stocking - Fair Isle, Classically inspired. I love it!
- Picot edge stocking - This is some flair at the top. The canvas is otherwise blank, but perfect for personalization!
- Knitpicks - basic Christmas stocking
P.S. These were too cute to not mention!