Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Decorate your fall gourds with an eyepatch!
I used remnant black WoTA worsted weight yarn, and size 3 needles. To make the eyepatch.
- CO 13 sts, leaving a long tail.
- Starting with a p row, work in stockinette stitch for 5 rows
- Row 6: ssk, K11, K2tog
- Row 7: p across
- Row 8: ssK, K9, K2tog
- Row 9: p across
- Row 10: ssk, K7, K2tog
- Row 11: p across
- Row 12: ssk, K5, K2tog
- Row 13: P2tog, p4, slip the last stitch over the 4th purled stitch
- Row 14: ssk, K1, K2tog
- Using a yarn needle, pull the remaining stitches together, leaving a long end. Weave the yarn up across the side so it can function as the eyepatch tie.
- Attach to the gourd of your choice, draw other pirate features with a sharpie, and enjoy!